Schulich Leadership Scholarship
Launched in 2012, this $100 million program funds 50 undergraduate scholarships each year, across top Canadian universities. Our most promising students can pursue their dreams and become the next global pioneers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
They are innovators. They are Schulich Leaders.
NOTE: ST.MARY WILL NOMINATE ONE CANDIDATE, WHICH WILL BE DETERMINED AT THE END OF JANUARY. THE NOMINEE WILL BE THE STUDENT WHO BEST FULFILLS THE CRITERIA AS OUTLINED BY THE SCHULICH LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP.
How It Works
Step 1 School: Select your Nominee
Get the word out
• All high schools and Cégeps across Canada are eligible
• Display promotional materials.
Notify staff and graduating students about the program.
Select your Schulich Leader Nominee
• Nominees must possess at least two of three criteria:
o Academic Excellence
o Leadership (community, business or entrepreneurial)
o Financial Need
• To qualify, Nominees must:
o Graduate high school in the 2018/2019 academic year
o Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
o Enroll at one of our partner universities
Submit your one Nomination by January 30, 2019
(Cégeps can submit two nominees)
• Access Nomination form. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
if you are not on our electronic mailing list and we will send you the link
• Choose a school staff member to submit the Nomination
• Nomination form includes:
o Name and contact information for your school
o Name and contact information for your Nominee
• Student takes action:
o Your Nominee will receive an email with a link to the Schulich Leader Scholarship Application.
Step 2 Student: Complete Schulich Leader Scholarship Application
• Universities where the Nominee wants to attend
• List of top three achievements (academic or other)
• 600 word essay demonstrating why they should win
• Optional 250 word essay to outline extenuating circumstances
• Two letters of reference (at least one from a school staff member). Letters must be:
o Maximum 1 page in length
o Addressed to Schulich Leader Scholarships Selection Committee
o Include Referee telephone number and email address for verification purposes
• Copy of an up-to-date transcript or credit counsel summary
• Headshot profile image for marketing purposes
Schulich Leader Scholarship Application due: February 20, 2019
Step 3 Universities: Select Schulich Leaders using their own rubric
• Review scholarship applications starting March 1, 2019
• Offers will be made between March 1 & June 15, 2019
• All Schulich Leaders are finalized by June 15, 2019
Who Is Eligible?
Schulich Leader Scholarships are open to all graduating high school or Cégep students across Canada who have an interest in pursuing Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) at one of our partner universities.
In order to become a Schulich Leader and receive the scholarship, a student must first be selected by their high school or Cégep as a Schulich Leader Nominee. High schools (outside of Quebec)* may select one Nominee each, while Cégeps may select two.
Nominees must possess at least two of three criteria:
1. Academic excellence
2. Outstanding community, business or entrepreneurial leadership
3. Financial need**
To qualify, Nominees must:
• Graduate high school or Cégep in the 2018/2019 academic year
• Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
• Enroll at one of our partner universities